Tuesday, October 30, 2012

IVF Workup in Taiwan (Part 13) : The 2-Week Wait Period





After the Embryo Transfer (ET), I need to inject 2 vials of progesterone in the mornings and use vaginal progesterone in the evenings everyday.   Dr. Robert Lee Kuo-Kuang said there is no need for bed rest after ET, in fact, after 3 days you can go back home and do normal activities.  However, I voluntarily obliged myself to take extra care.  This was due to my previous IVF procedures in Manila where I was asked to take bed rest for the entire 2 weeks.  I wanted to follow this just to be sure.  Anyway there is nothing to lose and after all the intention of staying in Taiwan for a month is to get pregnant.  Most of all, this is going to be my last pregnancy workup, better be careful than to regret.

My husband stayed until 4 days after ET.  With him around, I did not have to walk to Mackay Memorial Hospital everyday for my injections.  This was not our first time to do pregnancy workup, my husband, through the many workups we had had learned to do my injections. 

During those 4 days I just stayed home, husband takes home food for me or buys my food first before going out with my daughter.  When they were both out, it’s my quiet time.  I did not get bored at all as there was Internet access and there were so many Chinese Telenovelas I can watch.

The day before my husband left, my mother came over to take over my husband’s duty.  However, she cannot do my injections.  So when my husband left, I started to walk to the hospital everyday for my injections.   You might be wondering why I just walked to the hospital and not take a bus or a taxi.  At 1-kilometer distance, it is too short for a ride, it is even longer to wait for a bus to come.   Since I walk to and from the hospital, logically I can walk to the nearby restaurants to eat.  Therefore there was no need for my mother to get me food.  However, she needs to help me look after my daughter while I seemed to be incapacitated.

The normal 2 weeks wait until pregnancy test was shorter this time.  Dr. Lee instructed me to take the hCG blood test on May 22 at 8:00 am.  I should have the result by 10:00 am.  If positive, I need to get his letter to my doctor in Manila from the IVF Lab.





2 comments:

  1. I hope you could give us an update on what happened. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bianca! You have the same name as my daughter :-) Thanks for leaving a comment, read on my next blog to know what happened...

    ReplyDelete